photo Dividing_Line_zps49e8e8a2.png

25 August 2013

Your Birthday Presence


I woke up around 6:00 am this morning to the sound of baby stretches.  Marin was wiggling her way out of slumber, so I picked her up, carried her to our bed where Andy was still sleeping, and sprawled her out on my chest.  She nuzzled her way back into deep breathing. I watched her tiny chest rise and fall.  And it may have been the squeaky bed frame from mommy and baby squirms or the morning sun streaking his face, but something woke Andy up.  He smiled at me, eyes only half open, and in a sing-song whisper recited “Happy birthday to you…happy birthday to you…” The moment made me giggle. The sweet sound of baby breaths and birthday song whispers made my heart swell.  To have these two here with me in the morning hours of my birthday has me cherishing these small moments and the simple presence of the ones I love.  And on the cusp of my thirtieth year, I don’t feel more days old; I just feel... more. 







No comments:

Post a Comment