photo Dividing_Line_zps49e8e8a2.png

27 January 2016

Master bedroom shiplap + Inspiration







Last week, while Andy was out of town, I decided a house project was in order to keep our minds off of missing dad. I have always loved the look of shiplap and have also been wanting at least one room in our house to have white walls, so I made plans to make both of these things happen in the master bedroom..uh..while watching both girls. I promise it made sense in my head. Ha! Well, turns out this was a much bigger undertaking than I could wrangle on my own, so I am beyond grateful that grandparents, aunts, and uncles came to visit with drills, saws, tools, chick-fil-a and the willingness to help watch the girls. I'm also really grateful for fun memories made during a week I was dreading a bit. 
I decided to use 1x8 v-joint wood panels for the wall I wanted to shiplap and the same color paint as the baseboards and molding, Behr Premium in Shoji White, for all of the walls. I am really happy with how it all turned out and can't wait to finish the rest of the room's makeover! Here are a few rooms that are inspiring me to get this pup finished. I'm feeling a cottage meets modern vibe. Is that a thing?












No comments:

Post a Comment